Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My big day

Just checked my email and what do I see? Email notification from the printer company. My first proof copy of my very first novel Torn From Normal was sent out next-day-air, via UPS. Of course I freaked out and called my business partner (yes this late.) Since I already own a company, we deal with UPS on a daily bases. But, since I am the last person to arrive in the mornings--I don't really never see the next-day-air delivery. In fact, I have no clue what time they normally deliver the overnight shipments to my automotive business.

To my surprise, my business partner tells me on the phone tonight; UPS next-day-air gets there early every morning, before I get there, which is at 10am.





What is all my fuss about? I wrote a novel, my very first to be precise. It has been weeks, months and even years of hard work. Work I couldn't have done on my own without the help of some great people, special people without whom my project of writing a novel would never have seen the end of the first day.

I fell on my face a lot learning the different stages of writing and publishing a novel. I've been stubborn, made mistakes, didn't listen, but I got back up, refusing and rejecting defeat. In a few hours my wait will finally be over. Another mission in my life will be accomplished. When a small package will be handed to me by a UPS driver. Seemingly no different than any other delivery we got by UPS next-day-air. But this package will make a difference on this morning. Inside will be the very first copy of my novel Torn From Normal. For the first time I will hold something so important, that my knees will probably get soft like jelly.






To be successful in life, you have to believe in yourself. You have to believe what you're doing is right, and most importantly, you have to believe in your product. Torn From Normal is not--will not be just another book, or another story. To me it has become a lifestyle, a part of me and now the time has come to share my work with the world. When I talk about Torn From Normal, it will be no different than selling a Mercedes Benz. I stand behind my product and I believe in what I have to offer. Would I not, I wouldn't have been successful in life.

1 comment:

  1. Well Marin it's one of your best buddies. It's Seth! Anyways, How should I say this? Well Martin has been a big influence to me and he has not once ever let me down. He is the one person I adore, He is my role model. Ive always looked up to him when I had my troubles at home or anything else. Anyway's Marin will be the most trustworthy most intellegent person you will ever meet! He is an amazing person. He put so much time and hard work into this book to make is the best. Hey everyone knows it will be the best. Just because it comes from Martin, he always does it the right way. Anyways, Martin I love you! Your the best!

    ReplyDelete